Breeding is an action only avaliable in Life Cycle.


When you breed horses, you must have a mare and a stallion. This can be identified in their profile page. The term "Mare" means a female horse, and "stallion"means a male horse.

The horses must be at full health (1000/1000), and there has to be space in your stable. The horses have to be 4 years old, not over the age of 20(mares) or 23(stallions).

You must have a breeding barn if you want to breed horses. However, only subscribers can buy one and it requires a ranch. If you aren't a subscriber, you must go to a ranch and breed your mares with studs. This, however, costs a fee. You can view a list of studs at the city hall.


Mare female horse

Stallion male horse

Foal a very young horse. In horse isle, a foal is 0 years old-1 year old.

Dam The mother horse

Sire The father horse

Filly a young female horse. In horse isle, a filly is 1 year old-4 years old.

Colt a young male horse. In horse isle, a colt is 1 year old-4 years old.

Gelding A gelded male horse of any age.
  In Foal When a mare is pregnant.
  Get Foals of a particular sire, as in, "WhatsHisName's get include Famous, Infamous, Nefarious and others."
  Inbreeding The crossing of animals who are very closely related. Extremely close inbreeding is not permitted by the game.

Tail Female Line The bottom-most part of a horse's pedigree, wherein is recorded the horse's mother, mother's mother, mother's mother's mother, etc.
Tail-Male Line A line consisting of a horse's father, father's father, etc.
 Weanling Any foal which has been weaned (taken away from) its mother.
Yearling Any horse between its first and second birthday.


Once you paid the stud fee or bred your horses at your breeding barn. Your mare will be pregnant for approxiemly 2 weeks. Sometimes it might -0.5 days. Note that the foal always belongs to the mare owner.

When the horse gave birth, a message will appear at your right box. If the foal is born when you are off the game, you will be alerted once you get back on the game.


Grade breeds in each of the main builds, Pony, Saddle, and Draft have been added to "catch" mixed breedings.

For example: Andalusian + Holsteiner = 50% Danish Warmblood or 50% Gelderland. This is because at some point, both Andalusian and Holsteiner have contributed to the Gelderland breed.

If you cross breed your horses(for example: you breed a Australian Stock Horse with a National Show Horse), you have 25% chance of getting the dam's breed, 25% chance of getting the sire's breed, and 50% chance of getting a grade saddle horse.

Breeding 2 grade horses has a 1% chance of producing ANY breed randomly.


In this game, when breeding 2 parents, each of their colorings are boiled down to base-genetic coloring and pattern. These are then used to compute proper genetic outputs, then a random/closely-matching output color and pattern is selected.

For example: two horses with base genetic coloring of black will produce colorings with any of the following base: black, bay, brown, chestnut.


A horse's experience affects the stats of its offspring. Normally, when determining genetic stat outcome for a foal, the stat could be as low as the lowest parent stat or as high as the highest parent stat, +/- 4 (or +/- 16 for grades.) For example, if the sire had an agility stat of 10 and the dam an agility stat of 19, the foal's stat could be as low as 6 (10 - 4) or as high as 23 (19 + 4) or any number in between.
However, experience will adjust the negative variance of this calculation so that you are more likely to get a better foal. If one parent has 1000 experience, +1 is added to the negative variance. So instead of the subtracting 4 from the lowest parent stat to get the low range, you would subtract 3. With our example above, your foal's agility would not be below 7 (10 - 3.) The positive variance, +4, is not affected.
If one parent has 10,000 experience, +2 is added to the negative variance. Instead of subtracting 4 from the lowest parent stat to get the low range, you would subtract 2. So if both parents have 1000 experience, each one would contribute +1 to the negative variance, meaning that you would subtract 2 from the low range.
If one parent has 1000 experience and the other parent has 10,000 experience, the first parent would contribute +1 and the second parent +2. You would subtract 1 from the low range.
If both parents have 10,000 experience, each would contribute +2 to the negative variance, for a sum of +4. This means that your foal's stat would never be lower than the lowest parent stat. Our example foal's agility would not be below 10.
The one exception to this rule is when calculated stats go beyond the +25 limit, they will be 50% 25, and 25% 24 or 23. This occurs regardless of parent experience bonuses. So, 2 perfect horses will not always breed straight 25's. It is important to understand this.


A gelding is a gelded male horse of any age. Horse Isle Veterinarians will geld a horse from age six months onward. Gelding is extremely beneficial to a horse's personality, raising his sociability, easygoing nature, and follower stats by two points. But however, once you geld a horse, it can no longer breed. So be careful, because you can't possibly undo your gelding. Plan you horse's future carefully. Also, beware of mis-clicks!


  • It is possible to breed 2 horses at once when you only have one space left. However, don't do this because when the foal's born, you won't be able to ride any horses. (However, as an update, not weaned new borns do not take up space until they are fully weaned)
  • You can't possibly seperate an unweaned foal from it's dam.
  • When the foal is born, it's default name is "[dam]'s foal".
  • Mares can't breed when they are aged 20. But a stallion can breed until it's 23 years old.